youth a treasure

Friday, June 16, 2006
4:54 pm

Hi everyone!!!
Sorry for the lack of post... It's really strange... can't seem to be able to post anything on the blog from home.. Guess it's time to check the com down..
Sigh...
Anyway... Main thoughts for this precious entry!! Hee..
Just came back from a church camp. Super tired out!! Must say... hmm perhaps age is really catching up with me.
Well want to just share a key thought that I went away with.. Godincidentally it coincides with one of the theme verse..
1 Tim 4:12 "Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity."
And my greatest "teachers" or well the people that left that impact for me this time are from my two youngest girls.. Sec 1... Clara and Vicki. During the camp, I saw their childlikeness in trusting in people and in the Lord.. Talk about faith..
Both of these precious babies spoke out in toungue so quickly when we prayed for them.. They din question or anything,,, Just speak lor... Wow!! They are really really cool and yes... they have been an encouragement.
And there was this obstacle where they are blindfolded and had to jump off a bench while being told that they are going to jump off a four storey building to be caught by a safety net.. They just jump. Not second thoughts.. not much fear. The trust they show...
Sometimes I wonder does age and gaining more "knowledge" steal such simple faith from us.. Does experiencing more in life makes us ponder and trust less in the Lord.. Or what is it in life that creeps up and take away this precious childlikeness... I am still seeking.. cause I wanna to be childlike .. Like them.. To trust simply in God and in the family of God.
Guess I am learning...
From the young about faith... from their example.


Intro

Disclaimer. watever.
Welcome people.
Thanks for droppin by

Jaslyn aka Wan Ting.

This is me
I am anything but ordinary cause my Father loves me.

I love:

having fun
sleeping
shopping

I loathe:

work!
no sleep
mosquitoes

Linkiez.

Creditz.

miiss_understood
Photoshop
Macromedia
Brus.hes

Talk-a-lot.

Archivez.

{x} January 2006 {x} February 2006 {x} March 2006 {x} April 2006 {x} May 2006 {x} June 2006 {x} July 2006 {x} August 2006 {x} September 2006 {x} October 2006 {x} November 2006 {x} December 2006 {x} January 2007 {x} February 2007 {x} March 2007 {x} June 2007 {x} July 2007 {x} August 2007 {x} September 2007 {x} March 2008 {x} August 2009


Free Blog Content